Table of Contents
What is Open Mesh Fabric Belt?
Open mesh fabric belt, also called mesh belt, fiberglass mesh fabric, high temperature belt conveyor, are made of Teflon and fiberglass. Imprenating the fiberglass mesh fabric with Teflon PTFE dispersion and then heating it at high temperaure for full absorption, then the open mesh fabric belt is finished.
Open mesh fabric is ideal for conveying products in high efficiency air distribution systems for optimal dehumidification and are commonly used in UV and IR drying units.
Open Mesh Fabric Belt Features
With the PTFE dispersion imprenated onto the fiberglass mesh fabric, the open mesh fabric belt owns the advantages as other PTFE Teflon-relavant products:
1. High temperature resistant to 260℃, which
2. non-toxic, food-grade, and FDA compliant.
3. Easy to clean
4. Excellent durablity and low elongation
Open Mesh Fabric Belt Application
1. Industrial machines such as drying machine, screen printing machine, packaging machines etc. The high temperature resistance feature allows the belt to maintain the normal work under various working conditions in industrial machines.
2. Food conveyor belts such as tortilla, roast chicken etc. Since the melt is composed of PTFE Teflon content, it is totally food grade safe and non-toxic, moreover, the similar products such as BBQ Grill Mats, Gas Range Protector, PTFE coated fabric belts are also widely used in food industry. Morover, easiness in cleaning saves consumers more engegy when cleaning the belt.
3. Textile dyeing machines. The non-stick and high temperature resistance features like mentioned above allow the open mesh fabric belt to run normally under the high tempeature which is needed for textile dyeing, futhermore, its non-stick feature allows the workers to clean the belt easily. That is why the belt is popular in textile industry.
For mesh size, the most popular mesh size is 4*4mm.
Besides, we also have 1*1mm, 10*10mm, 0.5*1mm, 2*2.5mm.
Width and Length:
For open mesh fabric, it can be divided into 2 parts, one is the open mesh fabric roll, the other is the finished open mesh fabric belt.
For the former, it is usually 1, 2, 3, 3.3, 3.4, 4 meter in width and 100m in length, the most width we can provide now is 4.43 meter.
By the way, as for 4*4mm mesh, we have double weft and single weft version, the latter is for food industry, since for food industry, the belt usually doesn’t have to bear too much weight or tensile strength, the latter will cost a little less.
When it comes to the accessories, the main parts are joint, side sealer, button and kevlar guide.
In terms of joint for open mesh fabric belt, the most popular we are doing now is bullnose joint and alligator/clipping splice.
Similar with alligator splice, but there is no metal component, we use the PTFE Kevlar mesh to replace the metal part. This one takes up nearly 95% of our daily production for joints.
For the side sealer we usually have the film sealer(white or red) and PTFE fabric side sealer(brown, 0.13mm thick fabric).
Button and kevlar guide.
As seen in pic, the buttons and kevlar guides are added to prevent the belt from running out of the normal working tracks.
What is Stainless Steel Belt?
The Wikipedia says, stainless steel belts are generally made from carbon steel or stainless steel. Stainless steel belts are corrosion resistant and provide excellent surface quality. Stainless steel belts are used primarily in the chemical, food, rubber, plastic, wood, and laminate industries. Carbon steel belts are energy efficient and ideal for applications necessitating radiant heating of products or in high-temperature applications that might exceed the annealing temperatures of stainless steel belts. Also, carbon steel belts can more evenly distribute heat since most stainless steel alloys are comparatively poor heat conductors. Carbon steel belts are used primarily in food processing, transport, and bake ovens.
Advantages of Open Mesh Faric Belt Compared With Stainless Steel Belt
Nowadays, the open mesh fabric belts are gradually taking the market of stainless steel belts, then why is it?
1. It costs less to maintain the open mesh fabric belt than traditional stainless steel belt in temrs of labor cost or matrials cost, since the former is non-stick, if used in food industry, it is very esay to clean and maintain.
2. The Teflon mesh conveyor belts allows higher index of heat transfer and aborb less engegy. The two belts are usually working at high temperature environment when used in industrial usages. And for many cases, the belts need to transfer the heat but meanwhile make sure the normal operation. In this repesct, the Teflon mesh conveyor belt is more appropriate.
3. The mesh conveyor belts are cheaper in price. Besides the lower cost in maintanence, teflon mesh belts are also cheaper in price, which allows the owners of factories, or consumers to save more cost, making more profits then.
By the way, there do be some advantages of open mesh fabric belt, but when the goods to be conveyed are heavy enough, the consumers shall select the appropriate belts according to specific requirements so as to avoid the potential lost due to lack of consideration.
Our company, Bocheng, with over 10 years experience in exportion of PTFE Teflon relevant products, such as PTFE coated fabric, PTFE fiberglass adhesive tapes, other food grade BBQ grill mat etc., contact us for more details on products.